Google. A name often heard and well known. But what is google? A search engine. Yes. Of course, but is it merely a search engine? No. Google is a lot more than merely a search engine or a browser. It sounds complicated, but is simple. Read this article to understand all about Google.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company. LLC stands for Limited Liability Company. This explains that Google can get an assessment distinguishing proof number, open a ledger and work together, and do all such activities, all under its name. In sum, it is a different and particular lawful entity. Google specializes in network-related products and services. In addition, the list also includes online advertising technology, search engines, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Google: History and Vision
Google was officially established in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University in California. The two Ph.D. understudies conjectured about a superior framework that examined the connections among sites since ordinary web indexes positioned results by checking how often the hunt terms showed up on the page. This ability of Google to provide immediate best results turned out to be one of the prior reasons for its success. However, Sundar Pichai replaced Larry Page as Google’s CEO in October 2015.
Google started as a research project. In 1996, its original name was “Backrub”. The company has its initial office in Palo Alto, California. It has received funding from many other companies, such as Amazon. In addition, he has also raised capital from several capital companies and other angel investors. The company announced on June 7, 1999, that it would raise $ 25 million. Google quickly replaced Yahoo’s default search engine. Nonetheless, the company continues to expand its grounds and services.
Google’s vision or mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Furthermore, Google believes in accessibility, productivity, and integrity. It aims at providing the best customer satisfaction with exceptional ease.
Google’s Growth and Market
Google initially started with funding of 25$ million around two decades ago. Fast forward to 2021, the company holds an estimated net worth of 320$ million. Furthermore, it has a market value of 739$ billion. Google comprises one of the four leading internet services- Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Apple. Google processed 18 million searches in 2000. In complete contrast with that, Google had more than 5 billion searches in 2018. Google has grown its market immensely. Here are some interesting facts about Google.
- Google performs approximately 3.8 million searches every minute.
- Globally, Google shares 90.46% of the search market.
- In 2017, Google’s Ad revenue summed up to 95.4$ billion.
- Furthermore, Google has 2 billion regular users and 500 million users for Google photos
- In India, Google holds the market share of 94.39%
- On average, Google acquires a company every week. Currently, more than 200 countries are owned by Google and its parent branch Alphabet combined. Sundar Pichai is the current CEO of both companies.
- Furthermore, Google’s search engine is believed to grow by 2000% over the last 2 decades.
All these stats are enough to determine the growth of Google over the years. Google has proved itself as one of the necessities with the help of its exceptional features and services. Let’s have a look at Google’s tools and products.
Products and Services By Google
Google has several services for its users. Furthermore, Google has more than 200 applications and tools to facilitate services to its users. Google has a vast variety of products and tools for all domains. Starting from education to business to expanding its range from marketers and communication, Google moreover has everything. Basic phone management applications. Navigation. Communication. Education. Business. Input tools. Etc. Furthermore, Google does it all for you. You can’t even imagine the number of Google tools and services you use every day. Google hardly lacks something. Here is the list of the most important Google tools for different domains.
- Basic Google Tools for Phone Management: Clock, Messages, Calculator, Google Phone, Google Calendar, Google Photos, Google Chrome, and Gmail
- Tools by Google for Web Services: Google, Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Discover, Google Go, Google Play Store, Google News, Google Play Services, and Google Cloud Search
- Google Tools for Entertainment: Google Play Movies and TV, Google Play Games, Google Play Music, YouTube, Google Podcasts, Google Fit, and Google Home
- Tools for Communication: Google Duo, Google Hangouts, Google Meet, and Google Chats
- Google Tools for Documentation: Google Drive, Google, Google Docs, Sheets, and
- Business Tools by Google: Google My Business, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Currents, Google Sites, and Google Forms
- Google Tools for Navigation: Google Maps, Google Earth, and Google Streetview
- Google Tools for Education: Google Books, Google CS First, and Google Classroom
- Input Tools by Google: Gboard, Google Assistant, and Google Translate
- Other Important Google Tools: Google Pay, Google Lens, and Google Lookouts
However, the list does not end here. Google has more tools and applications than even countable. To read more about Google tools and services, read my article “Know All About Google Tools”. Additionally, my article “Google Tools for Marketers” gives a list and overview of almost all Google tools for business and market.
Google LLC is an independent and distinguished American multinational technology company. Furthermore, Google’s vision or mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. It was established in 1998 as a result of the research project done by two Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University in California. Alphabet is Google’s parent company. Sundar Pichai is the current CEO of both countries.
Google’s initial name was “Backrub” and initially, the company had its office in Palo Alto, California. It received funding of 25$ million from different organizations. Nonetheless, Google has grown widely because of its result, versatility, and compatibility. Initially, Google processed 18 million queries in 2000. However, today Google processed 3.8 million queries every minute. That explains its growth and market. Additionally, Google also has several tools, products, and services for its user which contribute majorly to its popularity. To read more articles and know more about Google tools, click here.