Technology has been evolving since the 18th century.
It is still evolving and will continue to do so. The whole point of technology in our daily life is to make it easier. By communication, network, sharing of information, we come together as a connected world. By solving tasks faster and in a better way, technology has become an inseparable unit of our lives. Here are the 10 greatest technology innovations of this year so far.
Internet and Data-Based Innovations
- Satellite Mega-Constellations: Established with the target to provide high-speed internet in every corner of the planet. The motive behind Satellite Mega-Constellations is to replace erratic wifi and cellular signals. Therefore, connecting everyone on the planet on a global level.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Researchers have shrunk the size of the existing AI models. This occurs through a process known as Knowledge Distillation. That means that now it is possible to run powerful AI algorithms from our phones. And most importantly, scientists have made it possible without losing the performance speed or the algorithm’s capability. This will result in fewer privacy issues and latency.
- Quantum Supremacy: As claimed by Google, they have already achieved this breakthrough. With their Sycamore quantum processor, which could determine a set of randomly distributed numbers in three minutes and 20. While a normal computer processor will take to solve the same problem in almost ten-thousand years.
- Differential Privacy: It allows us to share the collected information from the data while keeping the identities of the individual hidden. It has helped in securing the privacy of the users as well as building up trust.
- Climate Change Attribution: Since the processing power of computers has enhanced over time, it is much easier for scientists to acknowledge climate change. As a result, they have been able to alert the government and people earlier about climate disasters that helped in saving many lives and properties.
Technological and Digital Innovations
- Smart Homes: Technology has become an integral part of our lives. Therefore, the incorporation of more and more technologies in our home does not feel very anymore exceptional. So, the demands for brighter and most advanced technologies in our home have changed the way we interact.
- Secure Internet: It has become very easy to eavesdrop on two people’s conversations over the world wide web. Earlier, the hacking of government websites was possible. But now scientists have created a quantum internet, which has helped in securing data and privacy of the world wide web.
- Digital Money: The use of digital money has grown over the years. Now along with being easy to pay via digital money, it has banished traditional intermediaries altogether. It possesses the power to shatter the global financial system.
- Hyper-personalized Medicines: Nowadays it has become possible to develop medicines just for a single patient catering to his need. What once seemed like an impossible task, scientists have made it possible. The medicine can be made as per your Genes mutation making it easier to cure diseases that once were incurable.
- Anti-aging Drugs: Think how great it will be to maintain your youth. Well, scientists have made it all possible now. They have developed medicines and drugs that can fight deadly diseases like cancer and various heart issues. Most importantly, the drugs have succeeded in human trials too.
- Smart Homes: Technology has become an integral part of our lives. Therefore, the incorporation of more and more technologies in our home does not feel exceptional anymore. So, the demands for brighter and more advanced technologies in our homes have changed the way we interact.
These 10 technological innovations of 2020 have not only helped businesses to grow. They have also paved the way for newer and more progressive technologies. Individual, governmental agencies, and other organizations have benefited from these innovations as well. If you have specific technological needs, just look up these innovations and your job will be good to go!
“Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation.”
[…] For more articles, click here […]